The first Automotive News Canada Congress concluded with a message of opportunity and national pride as the event’s speakers said that Canada is poised to get a better NAFTA deal and become a technology powerhouse.
The congress, held Feb. 16-17, during the opening days of the Canadian International AutoShow, is an annual event that hosts high-profile speakers representing Canadian automotive industry executives, leaders and government officials.
- GM Canada President Steve Carlisle;
- Ford of Canada President Mark Buzzell;
- Unifor National President Jerry Dias;
- Ontario’s Minister of Economic Development Brad Duguid;
- Canadian Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Navdeep Bains.
For a recap of the congress, including coverage of all the speeches, visit the Automotive News Canada Congress web page.